Tuesday, October 11, 2016

dining table light!

Hmm... I had to dig up this gem, but I knew I had it...


When Jeff came out to visit back in April 2013 he helped me drag up the dining table I had bought cos it was too hard to pass up, but didn't have room for it the way the living room was organized - so I had shoved it down in the basement.


(Jeff relaxing after that bit of hard work... )

Anyway - yeah, that was back in 2013... Since then, the table has stayed. Without light. It was cool in the summer cos it didn't get dark until after nine o'clock. In the winter, we used the living room lamp over by the Bechstein.

Until tonight.

This past weekend, K and I stopped by the new Habitat For Humanity store and - in searching for a desk or table or dresser (something, anything) that we'd turn into a bathroom vanity (we bought a Mid-Century Modern credenza at a different used furniture store for dirt cheap - along with a sink from a salvage yard - but more on that when we get going again on the bathroom... ) - I came across an old lamp for $18.

What the heck, we bought it.

And just to test it out, tonight I bought a $6 hook and a $4 extension cord - of which I cut off the end and wired it to the end of the lamp cable after hanging it above the table.

Turns out... we really, really like it.



It's a gorgeous Tiffany glass shade that, well, just happens to coordinate really well with the beautiful mission lamp K bought me two year's ago for Christmas that's over in the opposite end of the living room -



It'll be downright weird to have, well, actual light over our dining table! Now I'll just need to wire the circuit - which I'll do after I wire the lights in the bathroom (it'll be on the same circuit - all the overhead lights now are run off one circuit - well, they are since I wired the porch light six years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment