Saturday, September 2, 2017

time to paint.

Inching along, our progress on this bathroom, that is. But gaining momentum... Speaking of, the walls and ceiling are painted!

It all started apparently nine years ago, when I took this photo of the paint swatches I had chosen for all the rooms in our house -


The Jack & Jill bath is Benjamin Moore HC-105 rockport gray (Historical Collection) - fourth from the top. Hint: all the colors I chose line up in an arc inline with the rockport gray swatch...

And the paint can has sat in the garage since then. Umm, since that was nine years ago, I took it to the local hardware store to have the nice paint guy stick it in their shaker to mix it up again. Then I got to work.

First: priming (not exciting, but moving forward!). I used a Kilz primer this time around...




Then the exciting part... The real deal! And my trusty Purdy brushes...



I of course had to cut in all the corners -



Then the, seriously, most fun part - taking a roller dipped in beautiful paint to the walls! And it's a small space, so I was done in short order (the ceiling is finished a light grey in the two photos above)...



It doesn't look terribly grey, particularly during the day when the shrubs outside the window reflect off the walls. But it's supposed to be grey. And regardless, it looks really nice.


That's right... someone has been taking a bath in our tub! ; )




Next up... tiling! We'll start with the backsplash behind where the vanity will go, then finish the shower stall. Then we're onto the last major step... cutting and hanging all of the molding. We just went to the big box guys to load up on the MDF I'll need (I had some leftover from the laundry room and back entry project we finished a couple years ago). And during these next two phases, I'll likely finish the little touches left on the plumbing before installing the toilet and the vanity, hang the mirror, install all of the Bixby bath fixtures, and any other odds and ends.

Closer... !

No comments:

Post a Comment