Saturday, April 8, 2017

we have walls.

Back last August, after a weekend of demolition and framing, our bathroom looked like this -


Today we finally finished hanging the sheetrock, and it looks like this -


It's coming along... Next I have to mud all of the sheetrock before we can tile, which will be exciting.




We also cut a new hole for the forced air vent, and a hole for the new fan (which I'll need to vent through the roof before we can use it - no doubt a fun project... ) -




And months ago I put together the built-in cabinet, which I'll mention at some point...


So yeah.... next up, mudding (yay!). Although Scott shared a tip that he's never sanded mud. Instead, he uses a wet sponge which he says smooths the mud amazingly, and with no mess. I was intrigued, and may have him show me his technique (I get pretty particular with mudding sheetrock, and don't tend to let others help or touch the walls heh... ).

No comments:

Post a Comment