Monday, July 11, 2016

miter saw stand.

It's a sickness really. This whole thing about not wanting to get rid of stuff. I guess the reason is it's paid off... a lot. Like the scrap cement board I had held onto for years that happened to fit perfectly in the space I cut when we tiled behind the washer and dryer during that part of our remodel.

Well, I had this table I built for a darkroom that perfectly fit in the bedroom closet of my old apartment (before buying this house - and yep, I used to be adamant about developing all of my own film and prints) -


Heck - I even had it in the basement here up until a few months ago when I clicked this photo (and some others) before finally disassembling the whole darkroom to make room for the gear cabinet.


But that tabletop... it was kind of solid, and so - for some reason - I held onto it. And a month or so ago it hit me - it perfectly fit the miter saw! See, almost every time I used the chop saw I brought it out into the driveway cos I needed more room than I really had on my shop table in the garage. And each time, I'd scrounge around for some 8' scraps of plywood or 2x4' or whatever I could find to fashion some sort of table that would hold my workpieces and notebook and various squares and tape measures etc. (or just plop it on some sawhorses).

It was kind of a hassle.

Enter... the old darkroom table -


I did find some scrap - from old window screens I had built (I always always always save scrap wood, speaking of sicknesses) - to reinforce the edge with the side cut out of it.


Then drilled four holes, and got some 1/4" T-nuts, bolts, and wing nuts (for quick release, like I did on the shop table years ago) to hold the saw down on the table while I work with it -



It holds everything I need, and easily stores away in the garage. Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment