Monday, May 3, 2010

chop saw mount.

Since this so impressed the dude at Lowe's (and I thought it up) I figured I'd throw it on the blog. My chop saw is pretty solid but I've never actually anchored it to the table cos it seems like I'm moving it around a bunch. Or enough. But cutting large pieces of lumber where it is imperative the piece does not move and the saw does not move I have been searching for a solution.

And then it hit me.

If I use some 1/4" tee nuts I can pound them into my workbench (from the top - not from the bottom cos then every time you tried setting the saw back through the screws the downward force would pop them out), then thread 1/4" screws (cos the holes in the Dewalt's base are drilled out for 1/4" screws) up from the underside of said workbench like this -

Then I just slide the chop saw onto them and secure with a washer and wing nut on each. It's fast to secure, rock solid and, when I want to move it - just as fast to remove the wing nuts and lift off the saw.

At least I was impressed. Oh, and the guy at Lowes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment