Sunday, February 20, 2011

fireplace part two.

Okay, so apparently like just about every project I've ever done somewhere along the way I got a groove and figured out what I was doing cos it only took about an hour today to finish up building the other half of the paneling - go figure -

Now I just have to caulk and spackle the staples, prime a couple more things (uhh, those two vertical slats that aren't primed are because I'm retarded and I routed the side that was primed - oops) and then paint it and it'll be done. Oh, and paint the bricks which shouldn't be bad. Then rip out the ceramic tiles that make up the hearth now and put in some slate ones.

Oh, and I found a photo of the original beadboard molding pre-me tearing it off -

I have to say I like mine better. And even back then I had gotten a bunch of slate tiles to see how they'd work (they're in the photo lying on top of the ceramic ones) so apparently I'm still going with that. I wonder if I still have those or did I return them ... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment