Sunday, September 6, 2009

fireplace idea and other moulding musings.

So a year or so ago I was wandering around downtown Olympia with a friend and we found ourselves in this tiny little bookstore with an actual decent sampling of Bungalow books (hard to find unless you are browsing around Powell's in Portland). And I found this perfect little book called Small Bungalows that was filled with a smattering of good ideas for my house and so I had to buy it. One of those ideas that I will be incorporating in my living room is this one of a fireplace ~

This will go wonderfully with this idea for paneling that I got out of some advert at a local door and trim shop ~

Which now just happens to match the pattern on the rug. Perfection.

And then finally–the idea for all of the crown moulding of my house probably starting with my bedroom once I get to that point since that will be the first 'real' completed room (the kitchen and guest bath will be torn out eventually so I did not hang this moulding up in those rooms when I updated them) ~

A piece of crown molding combined with a piece of dimensional stock (probably 4" I am thinking) and then at the bottom a piece of fillet that matches the window moulding (in the background–mine already is exactly the same which is why I loved this idea). I got it out of a painting book I think I found at the library and think it will look quite nice when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment