Sunday, September 13, 2009

new old mixer.

So on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon we decided we would take an adventure and bike up to Milton to the Garage Sale Store. Yes, in Milton, WA there is a garage sale store. It is only open on Saturdays from 9-3 (no earlies!) and was rumored to having been shut down. Well, the rumors were false and we had a fine time biking up to the top of the hill (which I thoroughly enjoyed after so much biking around on flat ground).

Anyways, perusing the many aisles I came across this mixer which I immediately took a liking too (if for no other reason the chrome was cool and a KitchenAid version of this would be at least $300) ~

I turned it on and it worked through all the speeds perfectly, and it comes complete with a little wind-up timer. I did not already own a stand mixer–just a crappy hand mixer that I bought years ago at Kmart or something like that. I know the whole 'retro' thing can be taken too far but I do not think I have crossed that line. And this one–like the fan–is just cool.

Oh, and it was ten bucks.

Then it was just a matter of fitting this in my pannier and making the bike ride back down the hill and home. No problem. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment