Sunday, January 24, 2010

bedroom wiring.

Wow, I cannot believe it was back the end of May that I officially kicked off this blog by saying I was going to get to the bedroom wiring. And then summer came and I took off just about every weekend and did not do anything at all on the house. So now, eight months later I finally got off my butt and did it.

Wall sconces on either side of where my to-be California king canopy bed (could not fit a regular king and still have room for the sconces and room for the closet door to open and bedside tables and blah blah blah) will go and on a dimmer (duh, of course). I am hoping they work out cos it's a bit of a pain to move them if they do not, but thanks for the good advice Dana about watching out for the bed posts – hopefully they look OK.

A closet light now – had to pull power from the outlet behind the bed up into the attic and then back down. It was, um, a bit frustrating hanging the drywall in the closet ceiling. I might have not been able to uphold my resolution of no swearing while remodeling, but there was no one around to witness and I apologized to my house profusely afterwards. Uh, assuming I was not able to uphold that. I'm just saying.

The swatch in the middle is Benjamin Moore HC-98 providence olive. Someday I will be at the point where I can actually paint, but that will mean that everything else is done, including the carpeting (which I plan on using this stuff below) ~

Which is a little ways off. OK, so anyways - the wiring is finished. But I do need to do the structured wiring still that I mentioned in that first post (low-voltage stuff). Then replace the windows before I can actually hang drywall in there so I am not looking at insulation and 2x4s. Yes, that will be good.

But I am excited about this year and the progress I plan on making. Enough stalling. Time to get back to work.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe it was back the end of May that I officially kicked off this blog by saying I was going to get to the bedroom wiring. 1000 mcm cable

    ReplyDelete
  2. the addition of Cooper Wiring Devices' broad portfolio of innovative electrical connectivity and control solutions, Eaton now offers commercial. EV cable

    ReplyDelete