Sunday, July 11, 2010

back entry light.

So after nearly two months I finally got the last light I was waiting on from Rejuvenation. Sheesh. So when I opened it up and held it in place to see what it would look like (minus the shade) it's not hard to imagine I was a little more than upset that it was cut the wrong length. After all that time and they could not even get it right.

Well, I tried contacting their CS that night but was on hold for like fifteen minutes so I fired off an email. This was Thursday. Had not heard back so on Saturday I decided to take matters into my own hands and take the thing apart to see if I could just cut it myself. It required some patience but with my handy pipe cutters (way cleaner and faster and easier than a chunky hacksaw) I took care of whacking 6" off it so it would clear the back door swing.

Then it was a simple matter of removing the old beauty -

(I don't think I can even advertise that thing on craigslist in good conscience)

And then installing the new one -

Fifteen minutes. It doesn't look like much yet cos the drywall and painting and trim are not done yet back there but that'll be finished by the end of the year. Yes -

BY THE END OF THE YEAR.

Then it'll look better and more in place. Though it was a little loose cos it was a new construction box nailed to an overhead joist I was actually able to use the existing work instead of having to completely redo it because some beavers had maybe been used to knaw through the drywall or some other random form of crappy work.

And lucky Dana - she doesn't know it but should be on the lookout for a large box in the mail ...

1 comment:

  1. clearly i need to be checking this blog more often. you are aware you want no parts of starting that war. trust me. and craigslist...hee! i could write the ad if you want.

    ReplyDelete