Sunday, July 11, 2010

commitment.

I did it. Yikes. Went for the good stuff cos I really don't want to paint my house again and it was on sale through today.

  • Benjamin Moore Low Lustre HC-109 sussex green for the siding (decided on the low lustre over the flat after much debating with myself - and $60 more for the 5 gallon bucket - because it really doesn't have too much sheen and will be easier to clean)
  • Benjamin Moore Low Lustre HC-108 sandy hook green for the secondary (mostly trim) colour
  • Benjamin Moore Soft Gloss brilliant white for the trim
  • Rust-Oleum Porch & Floor paint in a semi-gloss HC-68 middlebury brown for the porch floor and stair treads

Now it's time to spend the rest of the summer painting my house.

Oh, and Mclendons was blowing out #1 smooth cedar shakes for $39.99 a bundle (normally $75) so I bought six bundles - by my calculations that should be enough to do both the house and garage gable ends.

2 comments: